“Why do you think that such&such problem is specific to only gay/black people? This is true for everyone.”
- We dont. The purpose of this blog is to discuss how everyday problems effect the gay community, especially gays of color. It’s not to say that the same problems don’t trouble everyone or that we believe blacks/gays have it worse.
“I’m not Black/Gay but problem #___ is true for me too!”
- Great. Although we are speaking for the gay community and and gays of color, women, caucasians as well as many other people are always going to identify with some our unique perspectives as well.
- Even though the blog is titled “Black-Gay Problems, I seek to discuss and outline the experiences of ALL gays of color as well as the greater gay community. Latinos, Asians, Arabic and all other ethnicities are welcome to post, reblog and participate in this blog. We want to open the conversation to everyone.
- Well, this is my life too. I post about things that I know and am passionate about. As gays and other minorities are striving for greater tolerance and acceptance in American Culture, it’s important to me that our voices are heard. Blacks and other gays of color will be represented.
“This Blog is racist.”
- No it is not.
“Where do you find your inspiration?”
- I blog from personal experience. Most of my views and beliefs are based upon personal opinion. I do not profess to speak for the entire Black-Gay Community, although a number of them may identify with some of my convictions.
- Users, bloggers and followers from other blogs throughout Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube and the internet at large also submit posts to be published and reblogged on this site.
- Navigation on the right side of my page allows anyone to submit a quote for posts or discussions as well as any other content that you believe would be suitable for this blog. If you cannot find or view the navigation, simply type in the blog link with “/ask” or “/submit” on the end of the URL.
- Posts should be Gay related or of some sort of concern to the minority community.
- If you submit in the “Ask” box, I will create a post loosely based around the content you submission.
- If you submit in the “Submissions” box I may chose to either directly post your submission or edit it before publishing.
- I reserve the right to deny or accept any content submitted to this blog for publishing. Frequent denies come from posts that have already been posted recently or “repeat” posts.
- Followers who wish to protect their identity are encourages to submit as Anonymous.
- Most other tumblr-famous blogs dont like them, but I do. I encourage anons to invade the inbox. Alot of gays or followers have interesting content to share but they wish to protect their identity. I understand.
- Currently, I don’t receive alot of hate posts or abusive comments, so I leave anonymous posting enabled to allow everyone to participate in the blog.
- I usually post anywhere from 10pm to 3am (EST) and I also set most post to auto-publish from the queue during this time.
- This is the time that I find that most of my followers are active on tumblr and also, I have a life so im usually busy during the day.
- I try to avoid long lapses in posts, I.E. less then 2 posts per night, daily, but occasionally I am preoccupied or my page queue experiences difficulty.
- I usually encourage followers to invade the “Ask” box between posts and especially when I am feeling “less then inspired.”
- I agree. Lesbians should directly message me, submit and frequent the page to get their concerns addressed.
- Personally I have shyed away from my excessive use of the “N Word” as I mature, however it does come out sporadically. I have my own reasons why, but I support its abstention from use.
- Some of my posts are related to direct quotes or common paraphrases of Black or Gay catch phrases.
- Contrary to popuar belief, African American Vernacular English is an established ethnolect and socilect and I (as well as most modern African Americans) tend to code-switch frequently in casual conversation.
- If you find it hard to identify with my/our lingo, feel free to unfollow.
- My apologies.
- Let me know, we can discuss it.
- Thank you for noticing. If you feel so compelled, you may bring this to my attention, although I may or may not care.
- Im Lazy. This is my blog, not my newspaper or scholarly journal.
“You give great advice…”
- Thank you, although I don’t subscribe to horoscopes, I follow western Astrology as it relates to compatibility and personality traits. My sun sign is Aquarius and it’s characteristic of modern Aquarians to give amazing advice, but at the same time, have the worst trouble accepting it. I can talk all day about what I (personally) think someone should do, but ask me to do the same? Never lol.
- Several reasons. For one, I average about 50 new followers a day. I assume that a majority of them don’t have the time to revenge my archives. Following that logic, it’s safe for me to reblog posts that I think that most of my new followers haven’t seen.
- For two, many followers submit the same posts for problems and discussion and its far more convenient to reblog the post from before then to re-do it again.
- For three, There is only a couple hundred original posts on this blog and I usually post them 3-5x daily so combined with the fact that this blog was published on 8/1/11, I have to recycle sometimes. (Want more original posts? Invade my “Ask” box. )
- I tend to find a number of my gifs on the internet in messageboards as well as Tumblr itself. When I make them I use Adobe CS on campus or if i’m lazy, Gifsoup.com. I post them on my personal photobucket and varous other servers unless I can get somone on tumblr to do it for me and same me some space/time lol.
“Thank you for following my blog, do you follow everyone?”
- No. I follow a number of my favorite blogs from my personal page, as well as some friends and associates, but I also follow some outstanding Black, Latino and Gay blogs as well.
- I follow back most blogs if they’re dope that is..
- I share my computer with my boyfriend, mom, grama and sister from time to time, so I hesitate to follow any mature or vulgar blogs. Theres a time & place for porn and this blog is not it.
“Is that you in../Who is that in your default?”
- The default for this page is simply a model of color. I do not own the rights to (said) picture. I thought that having a neutral picture up and limited personal information would help me dissacociate myself from this blog and act more as a moderator, as opposed to my personal blog, which is all about me.
- Unfortunately, I am taken. I am in a committed relationship with my boyfriend of over two years (5/1/09)
- I post pics sporadically (and more frequently on my personal blog).
- I am a 23 year old student, pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, with a minor in Spanish. I am a student at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Mi, but Im from Ann Arbor, Mi home of University of Michigan and 35 minutes from Metro Detroit.
- I am homosexual, although I have had interest in women as recently as 2011. Regardless, I see myself as gay and lead what is accepted as an average gay lifestyle.
- I am out with my family and friends, although I haven’t always been and unfortunately not all of my partners and friends are either.
- I consider myself to be African American, although I come from a mixed heritage. I am mixed Seminole, Irish and latino as well. I have family in Cuba, as well as on the reservations.
What is your Personal Blog/Facebook/Twitter
- Navigation to me personal pages is posted on the blog.
- Personal Blog: Diddymack.Tumblr.com
- Twitter: Twitter.com/TUMBA0 <—- 0, not O.